PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 35-40 minutes
SERVES: 6-8 people
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed but still cold, cut in half
- 1 round Brie Cheese, 5-6” inch diameter or less
- 1 jar Oregon Growers Jam of your choice **We like to use Marionberry Jam
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet or cast iron pan with parchment paper.
- Dust a work surface with a small amount of flour, unwrap puff pastry, slice in half, roll the pastry out just a bit so you have two roughly 7” squares.
- Lay one square of puff pastry on your baking sheet or pan and place round of brie in center of the pastry. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Now top the round of brie with an even but generous layer of Oregon Growers Jam - we love to use our Marionberry Jam.
- Now place the other square of puff pastry on top. Press down around the round of brie to start to seal the two layers of pastry together. Using a paring knife, remove the excess pastry around the round of brie - leaving about an inch of dough. Using a fork, press down all the way around the dough to seal the pastry.
- Brush the outside of the pastry evenly with more of the beaten egg, then place on the middle rack in your oven.
- Cook for about 35-40mins. Optimally, allow about 5-10min before cutting into the baked brie. Serve with apples and/or crackers and enjoy!