Our Northwest Peach Jam is really best enjoyed with a spoon, but these cookies are yet another way to bring the flavors of almonds, coconut, and peach together as one. And let me tell you, they are pretty much a match made in heaven. These cookies are naturally gluten-free, and could also be subbed with coconut oil and flax eggs if you are vegan. These are healthy, filling, and fueling little buddies that will help to get you over the mountain, as we like to say.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 7-ish minutes
SERVINGS: Makes about 16 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Almond meal (we recommend Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 t. Baking powder
- 1 t. Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
Pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 3 T. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Oregon Grower’s Northwest Peach Jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and salt together.
- In another mix the egg with the melted butter and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the almond meal mixture and stir with a spatula to combine well.
- Shape dough into 1” balls and place on greased baking sheet. Press your pointer finger into the middle of the ball to make a divot, and fill with peach jam! Continue this process with the rest of the dough.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, until just starting to brown on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and let cool.