Looking for a fall time dessert or brunch to serve all of your friends and family this year? Look no further than these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Oregon Growers Pumpkin Butter mixed with Cream Cheese. The rolls are light and moist, flavored with hints of pumpkin and spices. The frosting is made from softened cream cheese and mixed with Oregon Growers’ pumpkin butter, which provides the unique flavors of cinnamon,cardamom and cloves. I’m not sure there is a better fall time recipe than this!
SERVES: approximately 15-17 buns
- 7 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2cup whole milk, warm
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup Oregon Growers Pumpkin Butter
1. Dough Instructions:
- In a small saucepan, melt your butter over medium heat. Once melted, it will begin to foam and slowly start to turn amber in color. Continue to stir until brown bits develop. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine warm milk and yeast. Give one small stir and set aside for 7 minutes until it begins to slightly foam.
- Using a standing mixer, add flour, sugars, salt and spices into the mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup of browned butter, and reserve the rest for later. Mix everything together. Add the yeast mixture, pumpkin and egg. Mix and then switch over to using the dough hook. Run the mixer on low for 5-7 minutes, until the dough begins to pull away from the bowl. Rub a large bowl with oil, put the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Line the bottom of 2 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Rub the sides and paper with butter and set aside.
2. Making the Buns:
- Heavily flour your cutting board.
- Place the dough on the floured surface and sprinkle flour on top. Roll dough into a rectangle, approximately 16 x 11.
- Brush the dough with the remaining brown butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients and spread over the rolled out dough.
- Starting on the long end, tightly begin to roll the dough.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the dough into 1-inch pieces.
- Divide the buns between the two pans. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 45 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. After 45 minutes, place the pumpkin cinnamon rolls into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
3. Making the Glaze:
- Using your standing mixer, add the softened cream cheese and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and milk. Continue to mix until creamy.
- Slowly add in the pumpkin puree.
Once the rolls are finished, set them aside to cool and drizzle on the pumpkin butter frosting.