When the weather gets hot, it’s a good idea to “take the jam to the freezer,” as we like to say. You may not be in the mood for toast and jam, so mixing your jam into a frozen treat is the way to go. There are definitely many ways to make ice cream, and there is no doubt that the pros have it down! However, if you are looking for a quick and easy way to toss together a festive ice cream at home, this is the recipe for you. (Note: If you are not into dairy, you can substitute full-fat coconut milk here and very similar results will be achieved.)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
SERVES: 4 servings
- 1 cup cream (or full-fat coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup Oregon Growers Peach jam
- 1 T. Vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- Whisk together all 4 ingredients in a medium bowl and pour int your ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to your machine’s direction, and remove when your ice cream maker slows down and the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Eat right away, or place into a container and keep in the freezer until ready to devour.