- 10-12 chicken wings
- 3/4 cup Marionberry habanero fruit spread
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small piece (or 1 tsp) ginger
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt & pepper (pre-rub)
- Green onion (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Apply the salt and pepper on the chicken wings for the pre-rub. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic and about 1 tsp of ginger. Transfer to a saucepan and add the soy sauce, onion powder, habanero fruit spread and honey. Bring to a boil until thickened, 5 minutes.
- Lay out wings on a foil-lined pan and baste with 1/4 marinade.
- Bake the wings for about 30 minutes while basting them frequently every 10 minutes or so.
- After 30 minutes, set to broil and let cook for another 10-15 minutes while basting with remaining glaze.
- When wings are slightly charred, transfer to a serving plate.
Serves about 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes minutes