PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
SERVES: about 10 people
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Pear & Hazelnut Jam
- 2 sheets of 10×10 inch sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small frying pan, heat up the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the shallots and set aside.
- In a small dish, crack the egg and whisk. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground pork, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, shallots and pear jam.
- Add half of the beaten egg and stir everything together. Reserve the other half of the eggs.
- Divide the pork in four and arrange in a line on the puff pastry sheets. Fold the top half of the sheet down over the meat, brush the bottom part of the sheet with the egg wash and roll the pastry and meat so the seam is facing down. Repeat with the other sheets.
- Using a serrated knife gently cut each roll in 8 pieces. Feel free to make them bigger or smaller.
- Arrange on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes. until golden brown and puffed up.