PREP TIME: 45 minutes
COOK TIME: 3 hours
SERVES: 4 - 6
- 3 lbs Beef Chuck Roast (2in Cubes)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp High Heat Oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped (1in)
- 2 medium Carrots, chopped (1in)
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped (1in)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 ½ cups (1 jar) Oregon Growers Cherry Zinfandel Jam
- 1 bottle Red Wine
- Herbs: 2 thyme sprigs, 2 rosemary sprigs, 2 bay leaves, 6 smashed cloves garlic
- 4 cups beef stock
- Preheat your oven to 325F. Season the beef cubes evenly with sea salt and black pepper. Working in batches, sear all sides of the beef over medium high heat in a Dutch oven until golden brown. Transfer the beef to a plate and drain all but 3 tbsp of the fat.
- Over medium high heat, add onions, carrots, celery and cook until just starting to brown. Add tomato paste, garlic, herbs, Oregon Growers Jam, and stir - cooking until the Cherry Zinfandel jam begins to simmer.
- Then add the wine and cook over high heat, bringing the liquid to a boil for a minute or two. Add the beef back to the Dutch oven, and add enough beef stock to just barely cover the beef.
- Once the liquid comes back to a simmer, cover the Dutch oven, place in your 325F oven, and cook for 3 - 3½hrs until the meat is fork tender. Optional - remove the cubes of tender beef, strain the liquid, add back to the dutch oven, and simmer until slightly reduced and thickened. Serve beef with mashed potatoes and the flavorful braising liquid and enjoy!