Pumpkin Butter Tart with Brown Butter Ginger Snap Crust
- 8 oz Ginger Snap Cookies
- 4 oz/¼ cup Unsalted Butter, Melted Filling
- (2) 12 oz Jars Oregon Growers Pumpkin Butter
- 2 ea Large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 pint Heaving Whipping Cream
- 1/8 -1/4 cup Oregon Growers Apple Butter (depending on how sweet you want it)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt butter in saucepan and let simmer until it turns a light golden brown
- Break up gingers snap cookies and into a food processer and grind until a fine crumb. If you don’t have a food processor a Ziplock bag and rolling pin
will also work (but can be more difficult). Pour butter into crumbs and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Lightly grease 9 in. fluted tart pan. Press cookie mix firmly into pan. Let cool in a refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, whisk cream and eggs together. Add pumpkin butter and mix until completely combined.
- Once crust is finished baking turn the oven up to 345 degrees, pour filling over the crust and bake for another 30-40 minutes. You’ll want the center to still be very soft. It will cool and firm up.
- Let cool completely. Refrigerate until use.
- Whip cream until soft peaks, fold in apple butter and whip until firm peaks.
- Cut tart into pieces and garnish with whipped cream and roasted or candied pumpkin seeds.
Share & enjoy!